Friday, March 18, 2016

The Power

                                   "I am my problem and my solution."

This quote has been my go-to throughout this semester. I never truly understood the gravity of what it means until now, though I fear I still do not completely understand. 
 I am the only one to decide how my life goes, if I succeed or fail. If I allow others to dictate what I do, say, go, act, think. If I give someone else the power over me. 
I have the power to decide to go, to stay, to make the change or learn to live with it. To tell the truth, even when it's difficult. 
To help my friends, or make them suffer alone.
To reach out when I need help, or subject myself to the torture my mind endures. 
Only I can choose to change my life.
 

1 comment:

  1. A very relevant and meaningful quote. I could see it affecting a lot of people if they knew about it.

    ReplyDelete