Friday, January 22, 2016

Coffee Makes the Day Better

     I don't think there's ever a day where I don't need coffee. Even if I get 10+ hours of sleep, I need the caffeine of coffee to function properly. The type of coffee needed changes depending on the day. On the days where I barely get any sleep, maybe 3-4 hours that night, I need straight coffee with maybe one sugar packet. The warmth of the coffee plus the bitter taste helps me get going when the day seems to drag on forever. If I get a decent amount of sleep for a college student, 6-8 hours that night, I'll go for some of the more fun flavors such as a peppermint mocha or a chocolate frap. The sugar in those plus the coffee gives me a little boost to get through the day. The days that drag on and seem to never end require coffee for every meal. Even late at night sometimes I make coffee, because I still have homework and can't get though it without the bitter taste and caffeine of coffee.
    I never used to be a fan of coffee, until I got into high school and my schedule started to get jam packed. Even then, I had mostly sweetener with a little coffee added. Throughout the years, I've started to invert the ratio to where it's mostly coffee with a dash of sweetener. I'm not to the stage where I can drink it black, unless I have an all nighter or I get maybe 1-2 hours of sleep that night. Those rare occasions warrant the bitter taste of hot, black coffee.
    Going a day without coffee is bearable, though I don't really like to. Going two or three days without coffee is no longer possible. Coffee gives me the motivation to keep moving and actually participate in school. Without coffee, I become sluggish and can't focus. The sleep deprivation is heavily apparent when I go without coffee for more than a day, and it's too hard to function when I haven't had any for two+ days. Coffee makes my days bearable, and I get more done with it in my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment